13/06/2015

Woman - you hold the keys to the universe

Woman: You hold the keys to the Universe

From your womb came mankind. And yet .... what are we today? Who are we today ?

Do we really know our own true value. Do we give ourselves away too freely. Do we understand how sacred our souls, minds and bodies are?


It is paramount a woman wakes up every morning completely understanding her magic. To not let fear rob her of compassion, respect, tolerance and humility not only for herself but for all in her world. For her to have such a clear understanding that she must be spoken to, be held and loved with ultimate respect. To be cherished and adored.

In this day and age, it is common that many women grow up with disrespectful experiences.They think it's normal. Society now sees no importance in a man woo-ing a woman. To impress her and to build her trust. Women don't seem to expect this anymore.

In fact between the 60's , 70's, 80's, 90's -  because of equality, women's rights yadda yadda yadda,  I think alot got lost in translation. Because now, most men just let the door slam right in our faces.

And we asked for it. In our enthusiasm for equality we forgot one intrinsically fundamental thing. We are NOT the same. We are vastly different.  Lets start with my back yard. I'm a solid girl, I am no light weight. I weigh on par or sometimes more than some grown men. Obviously in a country  where the BMI is through the roof and thats with most guys, thanks for beer guts and man boobs -  I do struggle to keep up with the average 100kg. . I have had SKINNY SKINNY men work next to me and pull out energy, strength and stamina that leaves me standing in the dust. And this is I - Warrior Princess - I , who loves to use the chain saw, the whipper snipper, the ride on mower and itching to get into any power tool I can.

That's on my list of training for the future - another story.

Oh and don't even get me started on how apparently my Independence puts off men. It apparently makes them feel inadequate. ....... crickets

Ok, so as I was pointing out. A skinny man is way stronger than a big woman. Yes, heck that annoys me to no end, but it also makes me contemplate on the pure wonderfulness of men.  They are unique, they are special, they are so bloody strong, they are men. And I am not a man. I don't want to be, I don't desire to be and I certainly am happy to wake up and scratch just my dog under the chin, not anything else hairy.

I am a woman. And apart from the obvious gouly annoying thing I have to go through monthly, I love being a woman.

But. And I Say a BIG BUT... I didn't know how to BE a woman with GRACE.

I didn't know how to carry myself, respect myself, take a compliment, be kind to myself, value myself and be a lady. I was a tomboy as a child and a tomman as a grown up. Don't get me wrong. I still cant wait till the day I grow up and become that calm, peaceful, warm, respectful, graceful woman. Ive always dreamt of being . But I didn't know how to get there.

And in my quest to find inner love, I accepted outer affirmation that was anything but soul enriching, loving and respectful. And in addiction, one misses all the cues to healthy peer learning and growth.

So here I am today and what has been imparted on me is what I am sharing with you. It is what I need to remind myself every single day , it is what I want my daughters to remember, it is what many women and girls in this day and age need to remember.

We hold the keys to the universe. We are goddesses. We are the mothers of mankind. We are special, we are valuable and we are precious.

Our bodies are temples and they should be revered by both ourselves and by everyone else. We are blessed with higher levels of empathy, compassion and nurturing. It is a gift. For which we should be grateful.

Treat your minds, your bodies and souls with respect and expect nothing less. Wish the best for all, remember that you are only responsible for yourself. You don't own your children, you don't own your partner and you don't own your family and friends. You only own your own behaviour and thoughts. Carry yourself with dignity and grace and leave judgement for the street sweeper.

Namaste x

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where there is sadness, joy.

O, Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love; For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; it is in dying that we are born again to eternal life


No comments:

Post a Comment